Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, April 17, 2015

What A Day

Well, we had quite an unexpected day yesterday.

We started out by having breakfast with Tim's brother Dan and our sister in law Sharon.  They leave soon for Senegal, West Africa, so we were taking time together while we can.  This was the expected part of the day.

While we were at breakfast I got a call from my mom that they were headed to the ER.  She was having some potential symptoms of something and they wanted to get it checked out.  I told her we'd be there as soon as we could.

That was an unexpected part of the day!  We arrived and since my dad was back with her, I was the only one able to go back, so Tim got comfortable in the waiting room area.

Mom was having a test run, so I chatted with my Dad.  I got a text with photo from Tim.

 While reading the local paper, he saw their write up about Sight and Sounds'  Premier show for 2016 Samson.  The photo the newspaper used is the scene Lindsay rode in - in fact she is the focal point of the photo - and of course, Jericho, that awesome Arabian she is riding.

Here is just the photo.

I told her this will be an awesome photo to hang on her wall and show her children one day.  You know at some point your kids are amazed that you had a life before they came along.  I told her she'll be able to say, "This is what I did before I became a Mommy."  How cool is that?

My Mom was absolutely fine, by the way.  It was good that she went in, as it could have been a very serious thing.  We are thankful it wasn't.  The photo of Lindsay was a great distraction for them while we were waiting for the test results, too.

I am glad that we can trust our days to the Maker and Sustainer of all things.

We have today, this moment, let's rejoice and be glad in it!

12 comments:

  1. I always enjoy visiting your blog. Hope your Mom is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful your mom is okay, deanna!
    and what a fun surprise in the newspaper... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a short note to let You know I'm Your newest follower #223 :) We also belong to the same Tea Group I believe and I also follow You on Pinterest. Looks like Your daughter is having a fantastic time and I'm glad Your Mom is OK. Please drop by for a visit to My blog, I think maybe You'll find We have a lot in common. Stay as long as You like,follow only if it pleases You-Denise of Coffeeberry Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see your mother is fine. Scares like that are always stressful.
    Your daughter is an amazing horsewoman! Great photo! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photo and a family treasure to frame. Glad your mom is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo! And it would be fun to show her kids one day.
    So thankful your mom is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture!!

    I also hope that your Mom is on the mend.

    So glad to visit again.

    ReplyDelete

  8. WOW!! what an awesome photo of Lindsey, for sure it needs to be framed! I agree it will be so nice to show her children, even at my age I am always so glad when my mom tells of some great adventure she had when she was young!

    Giving thanks with you for your Mom's report!
    Have a blessed weekend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool photo of Lindsay and Jericho! Glad that all is well with your mom. It is always good to have a little diversion at times like that before the knowing when it seems scary and then, praise God, everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this last line of your post:
    We have today, this moment, let's rejoice and be glad in it!

    Especially rejoicing with you that Phyllis is fine! But also rejoicing in the fun diversion that this fabulous newspaper photo brought! (Frame worthy for sure!) Rejoicing that he is orchestrating all of the details of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your mother is well. Wishes for a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just never know, do you?!?
    Glad your mother is OK - and great idea...to save the picture, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...